Joint Maths and Computing third year (BEng)
- The lists of 3rd year and 4th year Mathematics modules are subject to variation and changes.
- Modules 351J and 451J (External Course) cover options under Horizons and the Business School.
- Please address any queries about options to the JMC Director of Studies or the (Year) Coordinator.
Third Year Regulations (BEng)
BEng 3 consists of 7 selected courses, as well as a compulsory group project (C362) in Computing and a compulsory individual project taken in either department.
Maths: At least 2 and at most 5 Mathematics courses are to be chosen from the overall list of courses which are made available. Up to two Maths options may be taken from M2 courses that were not taken during the second year.
Computing: At least 2 and at most 5 Computing courses are to be chosen from the overall list of courses which are made available (this selection does not include the group project). Additionally, a compulsory group project (C362) must be taken in Computing.
One option may be an external course offered by the Imperial College Business School, the Humanities Department or another Engineering department.
Marks are awarded on the following basis:
|Seven course options (each contributing 9%)||63|
In order to pass Year 3 and qualify for Honours, the candidate must satisfy the following conditions:
- Achieved at least 40% in individual project
- Achieved at least 40% overall for the final year