Step-by-step instructions on how to achieve common tasks.
Remote Access to DoC
How to set up and use remote access.
Here are a series of short guides, PDF documents ready to print:
More will follow.
How to access and manage your files on network fileservers, including:
- How to ensure your vital data is safely backed-up
- Recovering files from backups
- Laptop Encryption
- How to check your file quota
- Accessing your files remotely using Secure Copy (SCP) / Secure FTP (SFTP)
Please see the following CSG Printing Guide for information on setting up and using printers in DoC.
How to access and manage databases housed on one of the Department's database servers.
- Connecting to Microsoft SQL Server databases
- Connecting to PostgreSQL databases
- PostgreSQL connections from off-site
How to set up and use the web-hosting services provided for groups and individuals.
Private IaaS Cloud
You can find the main documentation for the Department's Private IaaS Cloud here.
High Performance Computing
Guides for running CPU-intensive and GPU-intensive tasks
We provide some information about using Java in special ways in the Department:
- Using JDBC with Postgres and MS SQL Server
- Kerberos authentication using Java
- Introduction to Java Servlets, JSP, Tomcat etc
- JSP Tutorial - some Examples of Java Servlet Pages
- Using Personal Tomcat in DoC
- Servlet Tutorial - Some Examples of Java Servlets