There are two condensed matter theory groups in the Physics and Mathematics departments. Together, we form one of the largest groupings of theorists in the UK working on a wide range of topics in condensed matter physics.
- The CMTH group has several studentships available each year
- Postgraduate Scholarships
- Research Project Summaries - tba
- Postgraduate Courses in Condensed Matter Theory
- How to apply to the Condensed Matter Theory (CMTH) group
- Physics Department Postgraduate Admissions page includes information on the Physics Departmental Open Day.
- The Condensed Matter Theory group in Mathematics have their own admissions procedure.
CMTH Group Open Day
30 January 12:00-14:00 B539
The CMTH Group invites all prospective PhD students for a visit. There is a brief presentation, followed by an informal chat with staff and students over lunch. If you are coming from outside Imperial College, please contact us (email@example.com) beforehand so that we can better arrange your visit. We can also organise a separate visit to the research group if necessary.