There are two condensed matter theory groups in the Physics and Mathematics departments. Together, we form one of the largest groupings of theorists in the UK working on a wide range of topics in condensed matter physics.
- The CMTH group has several studentships available each year
- Postgraduate Scholarships
- Research Project Summaries
- Postgraduate Courses in Condensed Matter Theory
- How to apply to the Condensed Matter Theory (CMTH) group
- Physics Department Postgraduate Admissions page includes information on the Physics Departmental Open Day.
- The Condensed Matter Theory group in Mathematics have their own admissions procedure.
Note that the Centre for Doctoral Training on the Theory and Simulation of Materials is no longer accepting applications.
CMTH Group Open Day
The CMTH Group invites all prospective PhD students for a open day on 27th January 2021 from 12:00 to 14:00 via TEAMS Live Events.
The format for the January 2021 event will be online via Teams determined in line with Covid19 restrictions.