The CPD team acts in a diverse range of ways with departments, groups, individuals, alumni and externals to develop and market CPD activities.
The benefit of these is that they can generate income for individuals, research groups or departments as well as widening the range of contacts made with external people and organisations, thus raising the profile of individuals and departments within their industry sector. The Centre assumes a flexible and wide range of responsibilities and provides the following list of services to support the setting up of short courses.
- Course initiation and development including initial market analysis and research
- Advice on programme structure design
- Provide guidance for quality assurance
- Logistic planning and course administration
- Contracts administration
- Provide a dedicated Programme Administrator for the course
- Design and produce course publicity/marketing materials, e.g. flyers, brochures etc.
- Organise and advice on course marketing, e.g. mail shots, advertising, web announcements etc.
- Create course publicity website via cpd homepage
- Apply for course accreditation through professional associations and royal colleges where applicable
- Implement a basic Blackboard Virtual Learning Environment if required
- Create and setup Blackboard accounts for e-learning and blended learning courses
- Create and administer an online registration system specific for the course
- Register and liaise with all course delegates
- Liaise with course presenters both internal and external
- Collate and organise printing of course supporting materials or conference proceedings
- Organise all logistic arrangements, e.g. catering (receptions & dinners), room bookings, temporary staff support, field trips and evening entertainment events etc
- Produce course budget and administer all course finances
- Process all financial transactions, e.g. credit cards, cheques, invoices, expenses etc.
- Organise reimbursements and payments to presenters
- Conduct course evaluation and provide feedback report
- Provide Imperial College London Certificate of Attendance
- Client relations management
We can also arrange for Customised Corporate Courses to be presented as well as running them at Imperial College.
If you would like any advice or support please do not hesitate to contact Betty Yue by email.