Linux for HPC beginners
15, 16 and 17 November 2017
- Duration: 3 days
- £345 Imperial staff and students
- £695 External delegates
- Contact us
The course covers the essential elements of the Linux user environment which you must understand in order to run work on the HPC services. This includes:
- The shell (bash)
- Linux command structure and flags
- Useful commands for editing and preparing data
- A variety of common utilities
- The Linux file and directory structure and how to manage and organise files and directories.
- Linux pipes and file re-direction
There is a large practical content to the course which helps ensure that at the end of the course you have a good working knowledge of the topic, rather than just the theory.