Medico-legal skills course
17 - 18 September 2018
- Duration: 2 days
- £550 before 17 August 2018
- £650 after 17 August 2018
Have you ever wanted to be able to write a medico-legal report? Have you ever had to defend a report in Court?
This two day course has been running for many years with the objective of giving consultants, GPs and nurse consultants the skills required for a medico-legal practice. The course centres around a real scenario and teaches the participants how to analyse instructions from lawyers, read case notes from a legal view, and write an expert report.
Participants have the opportunity to write a report at the end of day 1 of the course. On day 2 there is an opportunity to receive feedback on report writing from a solicitor, and undergo cross examination from a barrister in a mock court room.
- Learn about the structure of the English Legal System
- Understand how a negotiation works
- Receive a real case file and write a medico-legal report
- Be interviewed by a solicitor at a mock client conference
- Face cross examination by a barrister in a mock court
- Meet with lawyers who practice in this field
Who should attend?
A 2-day short course designed for nurses, hospital consultants, GPs and any other health professionals.
Comments from past participants
"Good course; informative."
"Very entertaining with high quality speakers."