Please see below for answers to some of our frequently asked questions.
If you cannot find an answer to your question please email us.
I am under 18 years old - can I still apply?
Unfortunately, we can only accept students onto the summer school who are over 18 years old.
If you are aged 15 to 17, you may be interested in the Imperial College London Global Summer School.
Are there are any restrictions on nationality for Summer School students?
No, the programme is open to undergraduate students from around the world who meet our criteria:
- you are aged 18 or over before 30 July 2018
- you are enrolled on an undergraduate degree
- you meet our English language requirements – see How to apply for details
What are the English language requirements for the Summer School?
You will meet our English language eligibility if one of the following applies to you. You:
- are undertaking an undergraduate degree taught in English
- have passed an English language qualification at school or at university (you will need to provide proof of this in your programme application)
- have an IELTS or TOEFL qualification – you will need to provide proof of your qualification in your programme application:
- For IELTs, we would usually ask for a score of 5.5 overall with a minimum of 5.0 in any element.
- For TOEFL, we would usually expect that you have achieved 72 overall with a minimum of 17 in any elements.
- have achieved CET-4 (China) minimum score of 550
- have achieved CET-6 (China) minimum score of 520
Which qualifications do you accept as proof of English language ability?
How do I apply?
To apply, you need to complete our online application form.
Please make sure that you fully complete the application form to avoid delays to your application.
Read more about how to apply.
How do you assess applications?
We look first at whether you meet the age, English language and academic requirements of the programme.
We then read your personal statement.
I have a disability - How do I notify you?
Please contact us if you have a disability and we will do our best to make necessary arrangements.
Do you offer any scholarships or financial assistance?
Unfortunately, we are unable to offer any discounts, scholarships, bursaries or financial assistance to cover the cost of the programme.
What is the fee and when must I pay it?
If your application is successful and you are offered a place, you will have 10 working days to pay the full fee to secure your place. The fees are as following:
- £2,400 for the 2-week programme
- £3,250 for the 3 weeks programme, including English language week
Please note that the tuition fees do not include living expenses, accommodation and or evening activities.
Please see Payment Queries for information about which payment methods we accept.
Is accommodation included in the fee?
The Summer School fee does not include accommodation so you must make your own arrangements.
You are not obliged to stay in Imperial's halls of residence accommodation, but a limited number of rooms are available should you wish to.
When you have paid your tuition fee, you will receive information about how to book a place in our accommodation.
For further information please visit the Summer Accommodation website.
Accommodation bookings and enquiries are handled separately via the Imperial College Summer Accommodation team:
Telephone: +44 (0)20 7594 9507
For individual bookings, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I know whether I need a visa or not for the Summer School?
If you require a visa to visit the UK and do not already hold another valid visa which will allow you to study in the UK (such as a Tier 4 student visa) then you will need to obtain a short term study visa to take part in this Summer School.
How do I apply for a short-term study visa?
We will provide the necessary documentation and support to students who require a short-term study visa to take part in the summer school.
Full details about this visa, including the documents you need to provide, are available on the UK government's website.
It costs £97 for a 6-month visa.
Visa processing times vary depending on your location.