- Prof. Dr. Martin Plenio. Ulm University, Germany / Imperial College London
Open Quantum Systems
My interests are using mathematics to understand the quantum aspects of nature. The following is a non exhaustive list of main interests
- Open Quantum Systems
- Quantum Information Theory
- Extensions to Lieb-Robinson bound theory: when do unbounded Hamiltonians have a finite "speed of sound" and implications
For more information, see my webpage about Open Quantum Systems.
Papers and Preprints
- Finite propagation speeds for bosonic chains with applications to open quantum systems. In preparation.
- Mappings of open quantum systems onto chain representations and Markovian embeddings, M. P. Woods, R. Groux, A. W. Chin, S. F. Huelga, M. B. Plenio, arXiv 1111.5262 (2011)
- Probability distributions for measures of placental shape and morphology, Joshua S. Gill, Mischa P. Woods, Carolyn M. Salafia, Dimitri D. Vvedensky, arXiv 1109.2057 (2011)
- Understanding extraction and beam transport in the ISIS H– Penning surface plasma ion source, Faircloth DC, Letchford AP, Gabor C, Whitehead MO, Wood T, Jolly S, Pozimski J, Savage P, Woods M, Rev Sci Instrum, Vol:79, ISSN:0034-6748(doi) (2008)