Dr Stephen Green
Learning OutcomesOn successful completion of the module, students should be able to:
- Effectively contribute to group work
- Undertake detailed design and produce a functional and form prototype or equivalent to demonstrate their project
- Use rapid prototyping facilities and/or other embodiment techniques at an advanced level
- Demonstrate effective project management in a complex scenario
- Effectively present at an exhibition
Description of ContentWorking as a small team, students will explore a Design Engineering - technology and product service systems futures scenario and develop designs ideas which will result in highly resolved design embodiments. The project outcomes will also be communicated and assessed through a report, presentation and exhibition.
The work will encompass; design engineering futures methods and tools; Ideation and use of creativity tools; exploration of user requirements and insights from users; exploration of technologies, development of effective group dynamics; project management, concept development, detailed design; design prototyping; rapid prototyping and CAD/CAE, testing and validation; public/expert engagement through exhibitions and reporting.