Industry Placement (Part 1)
Dr Talya Porat
+44 (0)20 7594 7381
The Industry Placement modules aim to provide practical industry experience on a substantial design engineering related project, or collection of related projects. Lasting up to 6 months Industry Placement (Part 1) will run from April until June in the third year of study, directly followed by Industry Placement (Part 2) from July until September and the beginning of the fourth year of study. Utilising work carried out to develop CVs and Portfolios in the 2nd year Working in Organisations module students secure a placement with an organisation prior to the start of the placement period. They then work with the organisation for the duration of the placement.
- Explain the role and responsibilities of a professional Design Engineer, the business contexts they work within, and the methods they employ in their work.
- Analyse and report on an organisational and business context for design engineering.
- Demonstrate the ability to synthesise the application of design engineering knowledge, understanding and skills in an industry context.
- Interact with key stakeholders to communicate design engineering related activities in a professional setting.
- Reflect on learning in an industrial context identifying areas of personal and professional development appropriate to their placement context and future professional roles.
Description of Content
CVs, Portfolios and communications
Professional network development
Reflective report writing:
Professional Development Review