Design for Additive Manufacture
It is vital that the next generation of engineers and designers are equipped with the knowledge and skills necessary to harness the full potential of Industry 4.0. Part of this new industrial revolution is Additive Manufacturing; an exciting and fast developing area of digital manufacturing.
This module provides engineering students with the platform needed to solve future industry challenges, get the most out of 3D printing technology and optimise designs. The module is aimed at engineering students who have an interest in 3D printing and advanced manufacturing methodology; who have the desire to become industry experts or academic researchers in this exciting area.
- Apply appropriate design methods in order to find optimal design solution fit for type of manufacture
- Apply methods of design analysis
- Explain a broad range of manufacturing parameters and technologies
- Use advanced CAE and numerical methods to optimise designs fit for type of manufacture
- Interpret analysis (CAE, numerical and other) into the wider context of product design development, business and manufacturing.
- Represent complex designs and transient mechanical properties through CAD and visual forms.
Description of Content
Additive Manufacture overview:
Design for AM: