Industry Placement (Part 2)
Dr Talya Porat
The Industry Placement modules aim to provide practical industry experience on a substantial design engineering related project, or collection of related projects. Lasting up to 6 months. Industry Placement (Part 1) will run from April until June in the third year of study, directly followed by Industry Placement (Part 2) from July until September and the beginning of the fourth year of study. During Part 2 students are expected to be able to demonstrate completing their contributions to a significant project or collection of projects and to provide a reflective presentation to their host organisation and report on their professional development.
On completion of this module, students will be better able to:
- Reflect on the role and responsibilities of a professional Design Engineer, the business contexts they work within and the methods they employ in their work.
- Demonstrate development of skills, knowledge and understanding through application in design engineering related projects.
- Analyse the development and application of personal design engineering skills, knowledge and understanding within an industry context
- Communicate with a wide range of stakeholders with a variety of methods appropriate to professional contexts.
- Reflect on learning in an industrial context identifying areas of personal and professional development appropriate to future career plans.
Description of ContentPlacement support materials:
Final report guidance
Managing sensitive intellectual property issues
Professional Development Review guidance