Sensing and the Internet of Things
Dr Hamed Haddadi
The module aims to provide students with sufficient tools and techniques to develop software and hardware platforms for the Internet of Things, to obtain data from mobile and social sensors, perform data analysis, perform actuations, and to use key insights from data mining.
Learning OutcomesOn completion of this module, students will be better able to:
- Use basic mobile sensing techniques from Android or iOS simulators to collect mobile data.
- Use basic API functionality to get data from external data sources such as sensors (public data or physical sensors).
- Explain basics of distributions, graph theory and supervised/unsupervised data analysis methods.
- Use basic visualisation techniques, statistical analysis methods and techniques, and to evaluate in which situations and conditions these are best applied.
- Interpret the results of such analysis, methods and techniques, to report them appropriately and to discuss the findings.
- Implement such methods using Python and Matlab, apply them to appropriate case studies and adequately present the results.
Description of ContentSensing: