The Disability Advisory Service
Our commitment to you
The Disability Advisory Service is committed to providing the best possible support for all students at Imperial College. We understand that each person's disability can affect them in different ways and therefore the support we offer is flexible and tailored to you.
What is disability?
A disability is any long-term condition that has a substantial impact on your ability to study effectively, such as:
- a specific learning difficulty, e.g. dyslexia, dyspraxia/DCD
- an enduring mental health condition, e.g. depression, OCD, generalised anxiety disorder
- a visual, hearing or other sensory impairment
- a long-term medical condition, e.g. IBS, ME, diabetes
- a social/communication difficulty, e.g. autistic spectrum condition
- a mobility or dexterity issue
Confidential advice and support
Our disability advisors offer confidential advice and support and are experienced in a range of disabilities. If you have a disability or think that you may have, we encourage you to contact us as soon as possible so that we can discuss you individual support needs.