Faculty of Natural Sciences ELIG
The FoNS-eLIG is a committee which has been formed to address operational matters concerning the development, delivery and support of e-learning materials and systems for the Faculty of Natural Sciences. The committee meets as required. Discussions at this group are also reported to the Faculty Teaching Committee, the Faculty IT Committee and at the College's e-learning Advisory Panel (eLAP).
Terms of Reference
- To report to the College eLearning Committee and the FoNS Teaching Committee about the various activities within the faculty concerning eLearning, particularly for UG and PGT courses.
- Guided by Imperial’s Education and Student Strategy, to develop and monitor the implementation of the various activities ensuring quality and relevance to the subject area and aligned with local, national and international requirements.
- To actively seek sources of funding for the promotion and development of eLearning and for the development of appropriate content for use within the faculty and the wider College community.
- To liaise with other eLIGs to ensure consistency across faculties and where possible and appropriate collaborate on mutually beneficial projects and activities.
- To disseminate within the group reports and communications from across college on issues and activities concerning eLearning.
- To showcase within the faculty developments in eLearning at various times throughout the academic year.
- To receive student feedback, either through the RCS education representative or through a single student representative from FoNS, with the aim of addressing any issues which may arise and cascade to appropriate departments for consideration.
(In general, LTs + DUGS of each degree stream, or their representative)
- John Conway, Senior Learning Technologist, Physical Sciences
- Moira Sarsfield, Senior Learning Technologist, Life Sciences
- Dr Steve Cook, Head of year 1 Biology
- Dr Robert J Forsyth, DUGS of Physics
- Dr Emma McCoy, Mathematics
- Professor Alan Spivey, FoNS Director of Education
The minutes from previous meetings of the FoNS-eLIG are available through sharepoint.