Lab, study space, and lecture booking
Undergradute and MSc students wishing to use lab and study spaces within the Department must book a space.
There is a booking system for all undergraduate labs, MSc labs, and study spaces in the Department that are available to students. There is also a booking system that should be used to attend multimode lectures in person. Please scroll down to the bottom of the page for information on this.
In line with College and government guidance we have to limit the number of students who can work in the Department. To ensure fairness we have introduced a booking app
You should read the information on Contact Tracing and Safety on Campus before making your first booking/
Coming to the Department
Safety on campus and in the Department
Our 1st day safety induction from the Autumn terms gives you information on safety on campus, the layout of the Department and one way systems, and emergency contact numbers. Please read through this and watch the videos in the presentation before you return to campus.
Go to the app https://apps.ee.ic.ac.uk/booklect/ and log in with your College user name and password
UG and MSc
- You will see a list of available spaces
- You can see details for the next two weeks
- Select the date(s) you wish to attend and click Add Booking
- Your dashboard will show which labs you have submitted a booking request for. The status will show as Pending, You can also cancel your booking from here.
- Places are allocated at 08:59 the day before. This is done in a way to ensure fairness and give every student who has submitted a booking request an equal opportunity of attending.
- You will receive an email at 08:59 on the day before to let you know if you have been allocated a space. The information on your dashboard will also update.
- You may cancel the booking up to 14:59 on the day before.
- If you have a booking and do not attend this will affect your future allocations.
- From 9:00am the day before, you can check to see if there are spare places. Booking for these places is allocated on a first come, first served basis. Bookings can be made up to the start time of the session.
- You must have a booking to work on your project or study in the Department
- You must swipe your ID card on the card reader at the door of the class room. You must also scan the Imperial QR code on the poster by the door of the room you are in
Running alongside this, but separate, is a booking system to attend multimode lectures in person
- You can book online
- The list of modules available to you is drawn from the modules you have registered with the Department.
- So to be able to book a place at a lecture, you will need to have registered your modules with the Department. The Autumn term modules can be changed at any time up to Friday 29 October 2021 allowing a try-before-you-buy opportunity.