- Imperial is a top global university because of its innovative and influential research.
- Our students come here to learn from, and work with, the best researchers.
- Our rigorous academic programmes are designed to stretch and challenge our students.
- Our international community provides a dynamic and stimulating environment.
- Our focus on science, engineering, medicine and business is unique to the UK.
This project will help us continue to attract the best students, with innovative teaching that reflects our status as one of the leading centres for Electrical and Electronic Engineering. "
Professor Eric Yeatman
Head of Department
To deliver the very best engineering education, we aim to reconfigure our three main teaching floors on levels 3, 4 and 5 during the next three summers - creating an interactive learning and teaching environment that has the student cohort actively at its heart.
We will continue to value fundamental disciplinary knowledge, and to foster a culture of professional identity, creativity, enterprise, community and leadership.
A collaborative and communal space
In addition to world-class teaching rooms and facilities for individual study, areas for group work will be a key part of the transformation. The new spaces will be designed to:
- promote brainstorming, discussions and debates
- showcase the achievements of our students and staff
- encourage engagement with industry