Keen to innovate or test new services or products? Looking for inspiration from a dynamic partner? Imperial invites you to GENERATE, an immersive digital securities (DigiSec) workshop designed to connect ambitious SMEs to our world-class facilities, talent and ideas.
Explore data in immersive, multi-dimensional ‘worlds’ in order to generate insights and make key decisions.
GENERATE will feature:
• 1:1 sessions to help your business succeed
• Unique data visualisation experience in our data observatory
• Networking with like-minded SMEs
• Practical tools to solve your challenges
Format and timings:
4.00pm: Arrival & Registration
4.15pm: Welcome and Introductions
4.30pm: Immersive data experience in Imperial's Data Observatory
4.50pm: Interactive Session - Design Thinking for the Time Poor
5.30pm : Quick-fire 1:1 sessions for your business with Imperial's community of experts; networking and pizza + drinks
6.45pm: Workshop close
Who is running the workshops?
The sessions will be run by a mix of business mentors and Imperial's academic community experienced in collaborating with small and medium sized businesses to develop or enhance products and services:
- Dr. Deeph Chana, Institute for Security Science & Technology
- Dr. Anil Anthony Bharath, Reader in Image Analysis
- Dr. Leila Sheldrick, Lecturer, Dyson School of Design Engineering
- Alistair McDermott, CEO, Imperial Consultants (ICON)
Imperial's Data Observatory (DO) is the largest data visualisation studio in Europe. Opened in November 2015, the observatory provides an opportunity for academics and industry to visualise data in a way that uncovers new insights, and promotes the communication of complex data sets and analysis in an immersive and multi-dimensional environment.
Designed, built by, and housed within Imperial's Data Science Institute, the observatory enables decision makers to derive new implications and actions from interrogating data sets in an innovative, unique environment.