Designing the future
Design Engineering: a meta-theme fusion of design thinking with cutting-edge science and engineering, focused on the needs of end-users and the opportunities for business. This entails precision design, prototyping and testing against user needs.
On 4 December 2018, Imperial Business Partners held an exclusive seminar on service and platform design in a meta-theme world. This IBP Insights seminar brought together Imperial’s Business Partners and The Dyson School of Design Engineering.
Watch the academic lectures here.
- Augmented audio reality devices to create audio landscapes
- Design Thinking is for services and processes as well as products
- Robotic grippers of the future will evolve beyond the human hand
- Designing batteries for the lowest total life cost
- Startups in next generation CAD, personalised soundscapes, plastic-free insulation and robots for windturbine blade maintenance
For further details on the event behind this insights briefing, visit our events website for the academic presentations and videos of the talks.