Fees and funding
Full-time – £10,000; 2 years part-time – £5,000 per year
Full-time – £25,500; 2 years part-time – £12,750 per year
The Imperial College Master's Support Scheme is part of the HEFCE Postgraduate Support Schemewhich offers an outstanding opportunity for students applying for our Master's programmes. The Imperial scheme aims to provide financial assistance totalling £1.5 million to academically excellent Home undergraduate students or recent Home graduates who might otherwise have been deterred from postgraduate study because of financial constraints. If you are in the final year as an undergraduate or are a recent graduate, and have a strong desire to undertake a Master’s programme at a world class institution, you could be selected to receive support for your tuition fees and, in some cases, a stipend to help with your living expenses.
For exceptional candidates, a very small number of departmental studentships are available.
Other potential sources of funding
- Basil Furneaux Memorial Fund
- Environment Research Funders' Forum
- Imperial College Master's Support Scheme
- Research Councils UK (RCUK)
- Higher Education Funding Council for England (HEFCE)
- Promotes and funds teaching and research in universities and colleges in England.
- Higher Education Funding Council for Wales(HEFCW)
- Promotes and funds higher education in Wales.
- Scottish Funding Council (SFC)
- Promotes and funds teaching and research in Scotland's colleges and universities.
- Department of Employment & Learning (DELNI)
- Responsible for higher education in Northern Ireland
UK government departments, agencies and non-departmental public bodies
- Department for Environment Food & Rural Affairs(Defra)
- Department For International Development (DFID)
- Environment Agency
- Scottish Executive
- Welsh Assembly Government
- Department for Transport (DFT)
- Department for Business Innovation & Skills (BIS)
- Scottish Environment Protection Agency (SEPA)
- Health & Safety Executive
- Food Standards Agency
- Forestry Commission
- Joint Nature Conservation Committee
- Technology Strategy Board