Imperial is a Disability Confident employer. You may recognise the logo from our job adverts.
Disability Confident is a government scheme designed to encourage employers to recruit and retain disabled people and those with health conditions. The Disability Confident scheme has taken over from the previous Two Ticks Positive about Disabled People scheme. Imperial originally gained Two Ticks accreditation in April 2012, and Disability Confident broadens and deepens our existing commitment as an employer.
As a Disability Confident employer, we have committed to the following actions:
- Actively looking to attract and recruit disabled people
- Providing a fully inclusive and accessible recruitment process
- Offering an interview to disabled people who meet the minimum criteria for the job
- Being flexible when assessing people so disabled job applicants have the best opportunity to demonstrate that they can do the job
- Making reasonable adjustments as required
- Encouraging our suppliers and partner firms to be Disability Confident
- Ensuring employees have sufficient disability equality awareness
- Promoting a culture of being Disability Confident
- Supporting employees to manage their disabilities or health conditions
- Ensuring there are no barriers to the development and progression of disabled staff
- Ensuring managers are aware of how they can support staff who are sick or absent from work
- Valuing and listening to feedback from disabled staff
- Reviewing our Disability Confident self-assessment