Athena at Imperial
The College was a founder member of the Charter in 2005
Imperial holds a Silver institutional award
17 departments hold awards, from Bronze to Gold
The Athena Committee is operationally-focused. Its main purpose is to ensure that changes are made to departmental practices and culture so that departments gain, or retain, Athena SWAN awards, increasing the award level where possible.
The Athena Committee is chaired by Professor Stephen Curry, Assistant Provost (EDI), and membership includes the Faculty Ambassadors for Women, the College Athena SWAN Coordinator, and a representative from each department: Athena Committee Terms of Reference (pdf).
- 25 June 2019 Athena Committee - minutes to be finalised.
- 2 February 2019 Athena Committee minutes (pdf)
- 25 September 2018 Athena Committee minutes (pdf)
- 8 May 2018 Athena Committee Minutes (pdf)
- 18 December 2017 Athena Committee Minutes (pdf)
Future meeting dates for the 2019-20 academic year to be confirmed.