Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Strategy Group
On behalf of College Council, the Strategy Group is chaired by the Provost and is responsible for providing leadership and strategic direction in relation to equality, diversity and inclusivity (EDI) matters affecting staff and students.
The purpose the Stratety Group is to agree priorities, make decisions, commission work and guide the prioritisation of existing budgets to enable success in relation to EDI.
The Strategy Group is supported by various sub-committees which report into it: the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Forum, the Disability Action Committee, the Athena Committee, plus other working groups that may be established for specific issues.
EDI Strategy Group details
Membership of the EDI Strategy Group is:
- Provost – Chair
- Deans of the Faculties of Engineering, Medicine, Natural Sciences and the Business School
- Vice-Provost (Education)
- Vice-Provost (Research and Enterprise)
- Associate Provost (Academic Partnerships)
- Assistant Provost (Academic Promotions)
- Assistant Provost (Equality, Diversity and Inclusion) – proposed as the Vice Chair (November 2018)
- Director of Student Services
- Director of Communications
- Deputy Director - Organisational Development and Inclusion
- ICU President
- Secretary – HR
The Strategy Group will meet termly, three times a year with other meetings set as required.
Planned meeting dates for 2021-22
- 8 March 2022
- 2 July 2022
- 1 November 2022
- To agree and drive forward the strategic direction of EDI at Imperial with the aim of being an exemplar organisation.
- To promote the involvement of a diverse range of staff and students in College life to foster inclusivity and eliminate discrimination.
- To spearhead EDI initiatives; guiding the prioritisation of existing budgets and/or commissioning work, for example through short term Action Groups/ Task Forces with clear objectives for specific issues.
- To make decisions, including agreeing EDI objectives and priorities and approve an annual programme of work that addresses these.
- To play a high level monitoring role, receiving escalation reports where progress towards the EDI Strategy is not as planned.
- To report annually to Council on progress, highlighting issues of significance.