If you're looking to be a better ally to LGBTQ+ colleagues, here are a few resources you may find useful; we'll also build on this list each week so do feel free to contact us with suggestions.
Learning about becoming an ally and supporting LGBTQ+ colleagues/employees
- Advice on how to be an LGBTQ+ ally, bi ally and trans ally.
- Information on trans inclusion, including the College's trans staff policy, a checklist for managers who are supporting a member of staff who is transitioning and a list of gender neutral facilities on campus.
- These #workpride2020 sessions: LGBT 1010 and allyship in the workplace; unconscious bias; understanding different perspectives; bi-inclusion; and trans inclusion.
- Information on the importance of using the correct pronouns – the pronouns a person chooses to use may not match their appearance, voice or characteristics.
- Stonewall's glossary covering different LGBTQ+ terms and language.
- This downloadable glossary by Gires also covers different terminology used in the transgender field.
Other sources of information
- An Imperial 600 webinar on strategies for community engagement and creating an inclusive campus environment.
- An Imperial 600 webinar with J.P. Morgan Executive Director Loïc Choquet who shares his insight on the importance of EDI-focused staff networks in creating inclusive environments that draw the best talent.
- Background information on the UK Government consultation (now closed) to reform the Gender Recognition Act 2004.