Imperial Positive About Cultural Talent
IMPACT stands for Imperial Positive About Cultural Talent. It is a talent development programme for Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) staff.
IMPACT focuses on helping staff who wish to further their careers at Imperial by developing and fine tuning both new and existing skills and talents, by utilising their different cultural approaches, and setting themselves SMART objectives to advance their careers.
The IMPACT programme attempts to address some of the issues still faced by some BAME staff. Statistics show that the majority of staff of minority ethnic origin still occupy lower level positions despite possessing qualifications and skill sets equivalent to those of none minority origin. IMPACT will help guide individuals to not only take responsibility for their own careers but help them to develop strategies to overcome barriers that they may face.
The key element of IMPACT will be the endorsement of senior leaders, multicultural awareness, and the involvement of managers.
Benefits of IMPACT
- Increased confidence
- Raised career aspirations
- Improved cultural competence
- 1-2-1 Mentoring
- Able to demonstrate leadership abilities through projects
- Strategies and support to enhance your careers
- Networking opportunities with other Imperial staff
- Support and reviews to help you achieve your career objectives
- increased awareness of your personal strengths and confidence in your abilities
- Improved preparation for internal progression or promotion
IMPACT Dates 2018
Please note: these are separate workshops. All Workshops must be attended in order to successfully complete the programme and receive the accreditation.
|Workshop Dates- (Full Day Sessions)|
|Workshop 1 - 15th June 2018 - Introduction to IMPACT|
|Workshop 2 - 28th June 2018 - Leadership Vs Management|
|Workshop 3 - 19th July 2018 - Team Management & Organisational Culture|
|Workshop 4 - 31st July 2018 - Communication|
|Workshop 5 - 23rd August - Career Skills|
|Workshop 6 - 6th Septemeber - Assertiveness|
|Action Learning Set Dates - (Half Day Sessions)|
|20th June 2018|
|4th July 2018|
|25th July 2018
|8th August 2018
How to sign up to the programme
To apply for the IMPACT programme 2018:
- Simply express an interest to email@example.com, which will then be followed up for an informal discussion via email or phone.
- Fill out the online application form.
Please return your completed form to the Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Centre (EDIC) at firstname.lastname@example.org or online by Monday 4th June 2018, 17:00, to secure your place.