IMPACT development programme
IMPACT stands for Imperial Positive About Cultural Talent. It is a talent development programme for Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) staff.
IMPACT helps staff who wish to further their careers by developing and fine-tuning both new and existing skills and talents. IMPACT delegates utilise their different cultural approaches and set themselves SMART career objectives. Key elements of IMPACT are the endorsement of senior leaders, multicultural awareness, and the involvement of managers.
The programme attempts to address some of the issues faced by some BAME staff. Statistics show that the majority of BAME staff occupy lower-level positions despite possessing qualifications and skillsets equivalent to those of none minority origin. IMPACT helps individuals to take responsibility for their own careers and develop strategies to overcome barriers that they may face.
More information about IMPACT
Benefits of IMPACT
- Increased confidence
- Raised career aspirations
- Improved cultural competence
- 1-2-1 Mentoring
- Able to demonstrate leadership abilities through projects
- Strategies and support to enhance your careers
- Networking opportunities with other Imperial staff
- Support and reviews to help you achieve your career objectives
- increased awareness of your personal strengths and confidence in your abilities
- Improved preparation for internal progression or promotion
Dates for the next IMPACT Programme
We do not have planned dates for the next IMPACT programme.
The programme consists of six workshops spread over several months. All workshops must be attended in order to successfully complete the programme and receive the accreditation. There are also additional Action Learning Sets you must attend.
|Introduction to IMPACT|
|Leadership vs Management|
|Team Management & Organisational Culture|
How much does IMPACT cost?
For internal delegates, i.e. Imperial staff, IMPACT is free to attend.
We do accept external delegates on IMPACT, at a cost of £1,750.00.
For any queries regarding the costs please email email@example.com.