We offer internal and external postal services for staff and students. We also have hosted Amazon Lockers for your convenience.
The post and distribution team provide the following services:
- Delivery and collection of internal and external post across campuses
- Processing of outbound post including special delivery and Royal Mail signed for, international signed and tracked.
- Delivery of internal communications
- Processing of bulk mail
Personal deliveries should not be made to College address. If you are ordering items from Amazon, you can use one of the secure lockers on South Kensington campus.
We operate across the following sites
- South Kensington (122 Huxley Building)
- Silwood Park (Security Office)
- St Mary's (Sub-basement - SB119)
- Hammersmith Hospital (Ground Floor - Commonwealth Building, GN4)
- Charing Cross Hospital (Ground Floor - Reynolds Building, G04)
- Royal Brompton National Heart and Lung Institute (Post is delivered to and collected from Guys Scadding Building reception twice daily between 10:30 – 11:00 and 15:15 -15:30)
There is currently no permanent post room at White City, however your post can be left at:
- Security hut on the north side
- Molecular Sciences Research Hub (MSRH) reception
- Michael Uren Biomedical Engineering Research Hub reception
- School of Public Health (Level 1, Stadium House - Door A)
- Advanced Hackspace (Level 1 - Door B)
How to use the mail services
How to use internal mail
To ensure prompt delivery:
- Please address all internal mail clearly and correctly, including:
- Receiver's name
- Department/section name
- Building, floor
- If you are reusing an internal envelope, ensure you have deleted all previous addresses.
- Keep internal and external mail separate.
- In addition to College campus addresses, internal mail can also be sent to Hammersmith Hospital, St. Mary's Hospital, Charing Cross Hospital, Chelsea & Westminster Hospital and Royal Brompton Hospital. Please note that we are unable to deliver mail to Northwick Park, Harefield Hospital or Francis Crick Institute through the internal system.
- Please ensure your details on the College directory are up to date.
How to use external mail
- Please state your Divisional/Departmental franking code on all external items to be franked. If you do not have a franking code and would like to find out how to set-up a new one, please contact the Post room.
- State which service is required, i.e. first or second class, Special Delivery. If no service is indicated, it will be posted as second class mail by default.
- When ordering parcels make sure that you include your name and contact number in the delivery details.
- Make sure you have a valid ID card and telephone number, as these are the only methods we use to check miscellaneous mail or parcels.
- College envelopes should not be used for personal use. If there is any reason for it to be returned by Royal Mail it comes back to College, and if there is no indication of who sent it, we will have to dispose of it.
- Please utilise the weight and size guide for UK postal items and the weight and size guide for international postal items.
- Customs declaration form (CN22 and CN23) must be completed for all non-document packages and parcels sent abroad. Further details can be found on the Royal Mail website.