We offer internal and external postal services for staff and students. We also have hosted Amazon Lockers for your convenience.
Abdillahi Hussein, Chief Postal Officer
122 Huxley Building
Tel: 020 7594 8908
Fax: 020 7594 2155
The post and distribution team provide the following services:
- Delivery and collection of internal and external post across campuses
- Processing of outbound post including special delivery and Royal Mail signed for, international signed and Airsure.
- Delivery of internal communications
- Processing of bulk mail
Personal deliveries should not be made to College address. If you are ordering items from Amazon, you can use one of the secure lockers on South Kensington campus.
We operate across the following sites
- South Kensington
- Silwood Park
- St Mary's
- Hammersmith Hospital
- Charing Cross Hospital
- Royal Brompton National Heart and Lung Institute
How to use internal mail
To ensure prompt delivery:
- Please address all internal mail clearly and correctly, include:
- Name Department
- Put your Department/Division and campus on all internal mail.
- If you are reusing an internal envelope, ensure you have deleted all previous addresses.
- Keep internal and external mail separate.
- Please note that we are unable to deliver mail to Northwick Park through the internal system.
How to use external mail
- Please state your Divisional/Departmental franking code on all external items to be franked.
- State which service is required, i.e. first or second class.
- When ordering parcels make sure that you include your name and contact number in the delivery details.
- Make sure you have a valid ID card and telephone number, as these are the only methods we use to check miscellaneous mail or parcels.
- Imperial College London envelopes should not be used for personal use. If there is any reason for it to be returned by Royal Mail it comes back to College, and if there is no indication of who sent it, we will have to dispose of it.