We are here to provide and maintain a safe and secure environment across all campuses for staff, students and visitors. In partnership with you, our neighbours and our colleagues in the community we aim to provide an excellent security service.
Who we are
Through our team of highly-trained security officers, we’re here to ensure your safety on campus. Our priority is protecting our students, staff and visitors from harm and making sure that the campus is a safe, welcoming and inclusive space.
We take our areas of responsibilities seriously: whether it's responding to emergencies, providing safety advice or the many day-to-day ways we help the College run, we're here to make sure you can enjoy your time at Imperial and that you always have someone you can turn to in times of need.
What we can help you with
We're here to ensure you're always safe and supported. Here are a few things that we're on hand to help with.
Staying safe on campus
Learn about ways you can ensure you're staying safe on campus and around London
- If the alarm is not already sounding, activate the nearest fire alarm call point. If you cannot locate a call point, contact the Security team directly.
- Security Control Room staff will respond to locate the source of the alarm.
- Depending on the situation, staff will fight any fire, ensure that the emergency services are called (if required), and assist with building closures and evacuation.
- If you operated the call point, make yourself known either to the security officers who attend, or your fire warden.
- Remember to never put yourself at risk - do not attempt to fight the fire yourself or put yourself in any danger.
Find out more about fire safety.
- If you or someone else requires help, contact the Security team either via SafeZone or telephone on 4444.
- A trained First Aid Officer will respond and assess the need for removal to hospital or the College Health Centre.
- All Security Officers are trained in first aid and some Officers are also trained in the use of a defibrillator.
Intruders or security threats
- If you are suspicious of the legitimacy of any person in the building, contact the Security team either via SafeZone or telephone on 4444.
- State your location and the nature of your suspicions.
- Security staff may decide to search the building, so the sooner you report the incident, the greater the chance of any intruder being found and a potential crime being prevented.
- Do not challenge the person or put yourself at risk.
- If you encounter a suspicious package or object, ensure you contact the Security team immediately. They will be able to dispatch an emergency response team and, if applicable, notify the emergency services.