CCTV (closed-circuit television)
Imperial College London operates a CCTV system to support Security Services in protecting the premises, property and the people using it's facilities.
- The CCTV system is spread across all campuses and many residences.
- The system uses Digital Recording to capture images. The clarity of the images allows for better identification of suspect people and vehicles.
- All recorded images are managed under the College's CCTV Code of Practice (May 2018) (pdf) (which also incorporates our Automatic Number Plate Recognition systems).
Use of CCTV
CCTV is used proactively and reactively
- Proactive uses enable the monitoring of images to detect and deter any potential criminal activity.
- Reactive allows the studying of the recorded images to identify any suspects in connection with reported occurances.