Secure bicycle stores
Sign up to Imperial College Bicycle User Group (ICBUG)
There are two secure bicycle stores on the South Kensington campus:
- Faculty bicycle store, located underneath the Faculty building.
- Blackett bicycle store, located on Queens Gate, outside the Blackett Laboratory.
At Hammersmith campus we have secure storage for 89 bikes in a store underneath B-Block South (Old U-Block), next to ICTEM.
To use these bike stores you must complete this registration form.
There are two secure bicycle areas on the White City campus:
- South side of the I-HUB (Translation and Innovation Hub). Users can use the cycle hoops to secure their bikes
- In front of the Wood Lane studios (Grad Pad), by the car park
There is also a bicycle store at Woodward Buildings, Imperial’s newest hall of residence complex, located in North Acton. If you want to request access to the Woodward bike store, please complete the Woodward bike store registration form.
Using the stores
- Read the bicycle parking rules before registering.
- The secure storage facilities are provided for the use of staff and students of Imperial College London.
- The facilities are for short-term storage only. To ensure that storage space is optimised, bikes deemed to have been abandoned will be sold by the Raising and Giving Society (RAG) at a charity Bike Auction. Bike Auctions will take place twice a year.
- The College accepts no liability for loss or damage to your bicycle. You are strongly recommended to take out appropriate insurance cover.
- Find out more about securing your bicycle.
- It is very important that that no one enters behind you when you are accessing the secure stores.
- If you are unsure of their identity, ask to see their ID card.
- If they do not have a card, tell them that you are not allowed to let them in and they must report to Security to gain permission to enter.
- If they manage to get past you, phone Security on 4444.
Register for access
- On receipt of the registration form your ID card will be authorised for use of the bicycle store and you will be informed by email.
- Please ensure that your frame number is entered in the required field (normally stamped on the frame by the pedals).
- If there is no frame number: email Nigel Ward, asking for your frame to be engraved. Once this has been done you can register your bike with the Security Department.
- If the required fields are not entered your bicycle cannot be registered and your form will be returned.
- Please use your current ICL email address in the email field.