Client safety induction (Stage 4)
Prior to the works commencing on site, the appointed contractor must attend a client led safety induction. Chaired by the client’s Head of Health and safety, this meeting is an opportunity for all parties to review and discuss significant hazards, logistics issues, including welfare arrangements and a final check that the client has provided all appropriate information, including an up to date asbestos report and copies of decontamination certificates for all the spaces being handed over the contractor.
The attendees should include the following individuals:
- Contractor’s Site Manager and all supervisory staff, including sub-contractors supervisors where appointed
- Principal Designer
- Client’s Project Manager
- Client’s Head of Health and Safety (chairs the meeting)
- Client’s Construction Safety Advisor
- Client’s Building Manager
- Client’s Maintenance Manager
- Client’s User Coordinator
- Departmental Safety Advisor (where appropriate)
The Project Manager will complete the information on attendees contained within the Safety Induction Certificate and return to the Head of Health and Safety prior to the meeting date.