The Climbing Wall is one of the most unique facilities at Ethos and provides the very best in indoor climbing. The 9m high featured climbing wall is situated at the eastern end of the Sports Hall. With overhangs and a small chimney section, it provides a range of climbing challenges for both the experienced climber and beginner alike. Beneath the climbing wall there is an integrated rubber-crumb floor to ensure the facility complies with all recommended safety regulations.
Using the climbing wall
- Complete a Self-Declaration Form (PDF file)
- If you never climbed before, you should book a Beginner's Course at Ethos reception or by calling 020 7594 6660
- You will then need to take a test during one of our Open Sessions. The test can also be carried out anytime by one of the Ethos staff members, please call the reception on 020 7594 6660 to check staff availability in advance
- Once you have been signed off, you may use the wall at any time during Ethos' normal opening hours unless otherwise informed
- Ensure you have read and understood the Climbing Dos and Don'ts
Open sessions and courses
We run the following open sessions and courses regularly:
- Children's session: every Sunday 09.00 - 11.00 and every Friday 16.00 -17.30
- Beginner's Course: every Monday 19.00 - 22.00 (£30 Student and Club Imperial, £40 partner and staff £50 External)
- Open Sessions: every Tuesday 18.30 - 21.30 (£4 Student and Club Imperial, £4.50 partner and staff £5.50 External Members) Suitable only for experienced climbing members
- Climbing Test: Only available on Tuesdays during Open Session
- Climbing only membership £45
- Private Session £35 per hour – to apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org
You don't need to register for the Open Sessions, just drop in.
Please call Ethos Reception on 020 7594 6660 to book for the Children's session and the Beginner's Course.
The climbing wall is one of the most unique facilities at Ethos
The climbing wall provides a range of challenges for both the experienced climber and beginner alike
The 9m high featured climbing wall is situated at the eastern end of the sports hall