The Climbing Wall is one of the most unique facilities at Ethos and provides the very best in indoor climbing. The 9m high featured climbing wall is situated at the eastern end of the Sports Hall. With overhangs and a small chimney section, it provides a range of climbing challenges for both the experienced climber and beginner alike. Beneath the climbing wall there is an integrated rubber-crumb floor to ensure the facility complies with all recommended safety regulations.
Using the climbing wall
Please note: Imperial students and staff are only able to use the climbing wall if they have an Active Imperial membership.
- Become an Active Imperial member.
- Complete a Self-Declaration Form (PDF file)
- If you are an inexperienced or novice climber, you should book onto the Friday Beginners session first.
- You will then need to take a test during one of our Tuesday Active Imperial sessions.
- Ensure you have read and understood the Climbing Dos and Don'ts
- Once you have been signed off, you will be issued a card that you will need to bring whenever you would like to climb. You will be able to use the wall at the following times:
- Mondays: 18.00–20.00 (Climbing card required)
- Tuesdays: 18.00–20.00 (Climbing card required)
- Fridays: 18.00–20.00
The Monday and Tuesday Active Imperial sessions are for experienced climbers who have passed the self-declaration test and have a climbing card.
The Friday Active Imperial session (18.00–20.00) is for inexperienced climbers where you will gain the knowledge in order to pass the self-declaration test.
Open sessions and courses
We run the following open sessions and courses regularly:
- Open Sessions: Not available during term time.
- Active Imperial sessions: Climb alongside other members of Active Imperial during these two exclusive sessions
- Climbing Test: Can be taken during the Tuesday Active Imperial session.
- Children's session: currently under review
- Private Session £35 per hour – to apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The climbing wall is one of the most unique facilities at Ethos
The climbing wall provides a range of challenges for both the experienced climber and beginner alike
The 9m high featured climbing wall is situated at the eastern end of the sports hall