The Energia gym at Ethos is filled with state-of-the art equipment. There are five designated work out zones allowing you to easily workout your target area.
Energia Gym information
Using the gym
There are three steps you must undertake before you are able to start using the gym.
Register as a member of Ethos. You must do this in order to use any of the facilities within the building.
Book and attend a fitness orientation. You will not be given access into the gym until you have completed your fitness orientation. Students must pay a one-off charge of £40 - once you have paid, you will get free any gym for the remainder of your time at Imperial.
Orientations must be booked in advance either online, by phone or in person at Ethos reception.
- Book a fitness orientation online - select classes and from the drop-down menu select Fitness Orientation
- Call Ethos reception on 0207 594 6660
Students can book a gym orientation on this system through the activity section. Please note that the orientation carries a non-refundable fee of £40. If you are late or fail to arrive for your booked orientation you will be required to rebook and pay the fee again in full. Orientations can be rebooked through reception if 24 hour notice is given without incurring any additional fees. Once an orientation has been completed you will not be required to attend a further orientation for the whole duration of your course at Imperial College London.
Complete a Sport Imperial Health Commitment Statement (HCS) form. You can complete this in advance of your fitness orientation online.
For toning up and resistance work
- For cardio workouts with Virtual Active technology
- Virtual Active is a suite of fully interactive, cinema quality, video based cardio workouts. You can choose a scene and terrain from across the world for your workout. From the lush rainforests of Hawaii to the infamous Las Vegas strip, this equipment encourages engagement at all levels, as your workout includes an audio soundtrack and ambient soundtracks combined with stunning video footage.
- For ‘MyRide’ - interactive indoor cycling which allows you to build your own workouts with the help of an on-screen personal trainer who then motivates you throughout your workout
- For exercise which involves training the body for activities performed in daily life and targeting core muscles
- Complete stretching and core workouts in a safe area. You have the use of physiotherapy balls, mats and wobble boards.
The gym is manned by our fitness team at all times to ensure you get the most out of their expertise and advice. They are registered exercise professionals (REPs) and are fully trained to FIA (Fitness Industry Association) standards.
Staff only times
There are staff only sessions at the following times:
Tuesdays: 12.00 - 13.30 and 17.00 - 18.30
Thursdays: 12.00 - 13.30
Welcome to our Energia gym
We are prepared for any workout request.
The Active Lifestyle Team Is Looking Forward To Helping You Achieve Your Goals
The Energia Gym Is Open 07.00 - 22.00 Monday to Friday and Weekends 08.00 - 20.00
The Energia Gym Has Everything From Free Weights To Various Weight Machines