The gym at Ethos is filled with state-of-the art equipment. There are five designated work out zones allowing you to easily workout your target area.
Using the gym
There are three steps you must undertake before you are able to start using the gym.
Register as a member of Ethos. You must do this in order to use any of the facilities within the building.
Complete the online induction. You will not be given access into the gym until you have completed the online induction. Students must pay an annual fee of £30 to access the gym and swimming pool.
Complete a Move Imperial Health Commitment Statement (HCS) form. This is part of your online induction.
For toning up and resistance work
- For cardio workouts with Virtual Active technology
- Virtual Active is a suite of fully interactive, cinema quality, video based cardio workouts. You can choose a scene and terrain from across the world for your workout. From the lush rainforests of Hawaii to the infamous Las Vegas strip, this equipment encourages engagement at all levels, as your workout includes an audio soundtrack and ambient soundtracks combined with stunning video footage.
- For ‘MyRide’ - interactive indoor cycling which allows you to build your own workouts with the help of an on-screen personal trainer who then motivates you throughout your workout
- For exercise which involves training the body for activities performed in daily life and targeting core muscles
- Complete stretching and core workouts in a safe area. You have the use of physiotherapy balls, mats and wobble boards.
The gym is manned by our fitness team at all times to ensure you get the most out of their expertise and advice. They are registered exercise professionals (REPs) and are fully trained to FIA (Fitness Industry Association) standards.
Staff only times
There are staff only sessions at the following times:
Tuesdays: 12.00 - 13.30 and 17.00 - 18.30
Thursdays: 12.00 - 13.30
Last entry for students 30 mins before session start time.
Welcome to the Ethos gym
We are prepared for any workout request.
The Active Lifestyle Team can help you achieve your goals
Free weights section