How do I join a membership?
You will be able to join online using the Ethos Membership system.
Can I use the gym straight way once registered as a Student Member at Ethos?
Before you use the gym you will need to book a Fitness Orientation. This can be booked at reception and run several times a day. Orientations take 45 minutes to complete. Once you have completed the orientation your swipe card will open the gym door two to four days afterwards.
How do I cancel my membership?
If you have Ethos Private Memberships, memberships can be cancelled in writing or online.
Written notice of cancellation needs to be sent or delivered by hand to:
7 Prince's Gardens
Written cancellation must allow one month from receipt of letter to be applied.
Direct debit memberships must be cancelled five days before the end of the month, to stop the following month’s payment.
Memberships can only be cancelled once minimum contractual obligation periods have been satisfied.
I am an Imperial Related Member:
- Imperial related direct debit memberships can only be cancelled online. Having followed link please then follow the wizard process.
- Cancellation can be done at any time but will not come into effect until the membership’s contractual obligation period has been completed.
- Direct debit memberships must be cancelled five days before the end of the month, to stop the following month’s payment.
When can I cancel my membership?
Memberships can be cancelled anytime but the cancellation date will not be until the contract period has ended. Direct debit memberships must be cancelled before the 22nd of the month for the following month’s payment. Cancellations must be completed prior to the first of any given month to prevent payment being taken on the 24th of that month via the usual salary deduction process.
How do I renew my membership?
Can I freeze my membership?
- External memberships are the only memberships that can be frozen.
- Memberships can be frozen once in a 12 month period for a maximum of three months.
- Membership freeze forms need to be completed and submitted to reception.
- Direct debit memberships must be frozen five days before the end of the month, to stop the following month’s payment.
- Paid in Full memberships can be frozen at any time.
Can I upgrade my membership?
To upgrade a membership please contact the membership administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
I don't have to classes or squash included in my membership but would like to use the facilities. What do I do?
You can either pay to attend classes or play squash on a per visit basis; or alternatively you can buy an 'Unlimited Classes Membership' or 'Unlimited Squash Membership'
What is the 'Unlimited Classes Membership' / 'Unlimited Squash Membership'?
The Unlimited Memberships are monthly based memberships and will allow you to have unlimited access to either classes or squash respectively, but subjective to the fair usage policy which can be found here in the Terms and Conditions section.
The 'Unlimited Memberships' will replace the class/squash 10's cards. The 10's cards will no longer be available from 11 June 2015.
How do I join the 'Unlimited Classes Membership' or the 'Unlimited Squash Membership'?
You can join online using the Ethos Membership System. You can only purchase the 'Unlimited Memberships' if you have a primary Ethos membership.
What will happen to the 10's cards that I have already purchased?
You can still carry on using your existing 10's card until it expires. However, you will not be able to purchase new class or squash 10's cards from Thursday 11 June 2015. The 10's cards will be replaced with 'Unlimited Classes Membership' and the 'Unlimited Squash Membership'.
Do you have a 'Swim Only' Membership?
We do not offer a 'Swim Only' Membership, but all external memberships include free access to use the swimming pool.
Do you have private memberships that allow peak access all year round?
The external Platinum membership allows peak access all year round. Platinum memberships are however limited and subject to availability.
I have an off peak membership but want to take advantage of the summer peak membership options. How do I do this?
You can join the Summer Membership and your current membership will be frozen. Once your Summer Membership end you will revert to your current membership.
Ethos membership system
How does the Ethos Membership System Work?
- You will be asked if you have a CID number, if you are a staff or Student of Imperial you will select the Yes option, if you are not then select the No option.
- Choose the category that fits your association with Imperial College.
- Once your personal information is entered, use the wizard to select your desired membership.
- 'Unlimited Memberships' can only be purchased if you have a primary membership. Payment for all memberships will be taken at reception on your first visit.
- Proof of eligibility for some memberships will be required at reception on your first visit to activate your membership.
What if I joined the wrong membership?
Please visit the Ethos reception in person and a member of staff there will be able to assist you.
How do I renew or cancel my membership using the Ethos Membership System?
You can renew your memberships online using the Ethos Membership System. Options to renew or cancel your membership will appear once you enter your CID number and confirm your personal details. Follow the wizard to renew or cancel the membership.
Ethos booking system
What is Ethos Online Booking System?
The new Ethos Online Booking System will allow you to book sports hall activities, squash or fitness classes online.
How to I register to use the system?
You can register for the Ethos Online Booking System. Follow these steps:
- Create a user name of your choosing
- The email address used must be the same as the one on record at Ethos
- You will need your membership number, which you can obtain from Ethos reception
- Fill in all the information and you will receive an email confirming your registration
How to I make a booking online?
1. Select 'Activities' for sports hall activities or squash; select 'Classes' for fitness classes on the left hand side bar
2. Search for the activities/courses that you would like to book for
3. Select the date and time, and the results of available space will show
4. Add the desired time to your basket and proceed to check out
How far in advance can I make a booking?
Bookings can be made up to six days in advance using the Ethos Online Booking System.
How many activities or classes can I book at one time?
Bookings are limited to three per day and maximum of 21 in a seven day period. This is for all bookings including a combination of squash, sports hall activities or classes.
Can I cancel a booking online?
No, you will not be able to cancel your booking online. If you can't attend your booked session, please call Ethos reception and a member of staff will be able to re-schedule your booking. Please note that bookings are not refundable.
What is the Unlimited Classes bolt on fair usage policy?
If you book an activity and fail to attend three times, your membership will be suspended for a week.
How do I book a class, squash or other activities at Ethos?
You can book sports hall activities, squash and fitness classes using the Ethos Online Booking System (see section above).
Can I bring a guest?
Members are not permitted to bring guests to the centre.
When is staff only time in the gym?
Staff only time is Tuesdays from 12.00 - 13.30 and 17.00 - 18.30; and Thursdays from 12.00 - 13.30.
How many people are allowed in the Ethos spaces at a time?
- 2 people for squash
- Up to 4 people for badminton
- Up to 10 people for half-court basketball
- Up to 15 people for five-a-side, basketball, netball, volleyball, hockey, handball or futsal
Are spectators allowed to access?
Due to space restrictions and health and safety concerns, Ethos usually doesn't allow spectators.
How much are the health treatment services offered at Ethos?
For treatment prices and to book, you need to contact the therapists directly. Visit the Sports Therapy page for more information.
Do you rent out towels?
No, but we sell towels at the reception.
Can children use the facilities at Ethos?
Children are permitted to use the pool or squash courts from 09.00 - 11.00 on Saturdays and Sundays. Children must be over 5 years old and able to swim a length unaided to use the pool. You must be 16 years old or over to use the gym.