Sports and remedial massage
What is Sports and remedial massage?
Massage is an integral part of the training regime of top competitors and helps prevent injury. However, the benefits can be experienced by all regardless of age, fitness and activity levels.
The basic methods of Swedish massage are used along with more advanced techniques such as joint mobilisations and specific stretches. Massage treats the person as a whole giving you a truly personalised massage, offering exercise and postural advice as required.
Ideally massage should be used as a preventative form of treatment removing pain and dysfunction, creating balance, relieving stress and generally promoting a sense of deep relaxation and well being.
However, if you have an injury remedial massage works extremely well in the treatment of a wide variety of muscle and skeletal conditions i.e. back, neck and shoulder pain, muscle sprains, repetitive strain injuries, whiplash, sciatica, frozen shoulder, tension type headaches and migraines.
What can Sports and remedial massage help to treat?
- Pain and muscle strain reduction
- Releasing negative effects of stress and improving well-being
- Upper limb disorder/RSI prevention and treatment
- Back/ neck pain/ muscle tightness/ stiffness/ tension headaches/ release
- Enhance performance and benefits of training
- Improve posture, flexibility and range of movement beyond normal stretching
- Pre-event physical and psychological preparation
- Post-event minimise Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness
Regular treatments allow sports people to sustain high levels of performance without injury.
Please note that if you cancel a booking with less than 24 hours notice, full payment will be incurred. All payments should be made to the therapists directly by cash or cheque. Sorry no credit/debit cards can be accepted. During the Ethos upgrade works, therapists will be based in alternative locations on campus. Please contact the therapist directly for information and to book a session.