Join our friendly and informal lunchtime conversation class to improve your skills in spoken German.
Speaking a foreign language is always much easier if you have opportunities to practise it in a variety of settings. Our lunchtime conversational classes are designed to give you opportunity to speak German in a series of role-play situations based on everyday life. With support from an expert tutor, the classes place an emphasis on listening and speaking, helping you to build your confidence, improve your pronunciation and increase your vocabulary, by enabling you to tackle a variety of everyday situations.
The classes are an excellent supplement to any formal language classes you might be studying, but will also be useful to you if your language skills are a bit rusty, giving you the chance to reacquaint yourself with the language in a supportive and friendly environment.
The sessions lasts 50 minutes a week, for twenty weeks. Ideally you should be above GCE A' Level in the language, or equivalent. If in doubt, please contact us and we can assess whether this class is for you.
You are advised to read the booking terms and conditions before joining this class.
Fees and reductions for this course
|Rate Category||Early-bird fee (enrol before 30 September)||Full fee (applies after 1 October)|
|Standard Rate||£ TBA||£ TBA|
|Associate Rate||£ TBA||£ TBA|
|Internal Rate||£ TBA||£ TBA|
|CLCC Rate||£ TBA||£ TBA|
Applicable to all who do not qualify for the Associate Rate or Internal Rate.
Applicable to all current Imperial College students and staff (including Imperial NHS Trust and Imperial Innovations), including ancillary and service staff employed on long term contracts at Imperial College employed by third party contractors.
- Students (non-Imperial College)
- Alumni of Imperial College and predecessor colleges and institutes
- City & Guilds College Association members
- Members of Friends of Imperial College
- Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea Council staff
- Harrods staff
- Historic Royal Palaces staff
- Natural History Museum staff
- Science Museum staff
- Victoria and Albert Museum staff
- Royal Geographical Society staff
- Royal College of Art and Royal College of Music tutors and other staff
- Santander Bank staff (Imperial College Walkway branch only)
- Austrian Cultural Forum staff
- Staff of Exhibition Road Cultural Group (Discover South Kensington) organisations
- Lycee Charles de Gaulle staff
- Tutors and other staff of other universities and higher education institutions
- Tutors and other staff of institution members of the Association of Colleges
- Local residents (SW3, SW5, SW7, SW10 and W8 postcodes only)
- Current CLCC staff
- Current CLCC PhD students
- Imperial College Science Communication (Sci Comm) postgraduate students
- Students enrolled on an Imperial College 'Language for Science' degree programme
If you are applying for an additional CLCC rate you should email firstname.lastname@example.org before completing the online enrolment form.
It is possible to enrol on many CLCC Evening Class and Lunchtime Learning programmes after the course has started, subject entirely to agreement by the tutor delivering the course. If you are able to join a course late do bear in mind there might be work you will need to catch up on.
Applicable terms and conditions
Only one discount can apply to each applicant. Please read the terms and conditions before enrolling on any course.
If you have enjoyed this course, why not look at other arts and humanities evening class courses at Imperial College. This includes courses on the history of western art from ancient Greece to the nineteenth century, Understanding Modern and Design, the history of film and cinema and Greek and Roman mythology in art. We also run practical courses in art and photography and creative writing classes, and a growing programme of science based evening classes.
Questions regarding the content and teaching of the Italian Conversation course should be addressed to the German Coordinator who can also assist with course-level advice if needed. Please contact Dr Felicitas Starr-Egger before enrolment.