Spanish Conversation (Daytime)
Join our friendly and informal lunchtime conversation class to improve your skills in spoken Spanish.
At a glance
- Daytime (Lunchtime Learning) Class
- Wednesdays 12:00 - 12:50
- 20 weeks: October to March
- 50 minutes taught time per week
- Tutor: Cristina Termenon
- Fees from £105 to £200
- Location: Imperial College, South Kensington Campus
Speaking a foreign language is always much easier if you have opportunities to practise it in a variety of settings. Our lunchtime conversational classes are designed to give you opportunity to speak Spanish in a series of role-play situations based on everyday life. With support from an expert tutor, the classes place an emphasis on listening and speaking, helping you to build your confidence, improve your pronunciation and increase your vocabulary, by enabling you to tackle a variety of everyday situations.
The classes are an excellent supplement to any formal language classes you might be studying, but will also be useful to you if your language skills are a bit rusty, giving you the chance to reacquaint yourself with the language in a supportive and friendly environment.
The sessions lasts 50 minutes a week, for twenty weeks. Ideally you should be above GCE A' Level in the language, or equivalent. If in doubt, please contact us and we can assess whether this class is for you.
You are advised to read the booking terms and conditions before joining this class.
Progress through the course and textbook (if any) will depend on the group dynamics of the class. Students are advised not to buy any course books before the start of the course.
Choosing the right language level is very important and we aim to make the process of deciding which is the right course level for you as simple as possible.
If you have some experience in the language you wish to study please first review our course descriptions to try to identify the course level which should be most suitable for you. Especially if you are out of practice in a language, or have been out of formal education for a while, please be reasonably sure and realistic about your level of proficiency prior to proceeding with enrolment.
If you do require course-level advice, our Spanish Coordinator will happily assist you. Please contact Ms Iria Gonzalez-Becerra, email@example.com
All tutors on our language programmes are native speakers with a great deal of experience in teaching languages to beginners and the more advanced. Tutor contact details are provided in the programme pack which will be emailed to you just prior to the start of term.
Should you wish to receive further details on your tutor's background or teaching qualifications please contact our Spanish Coordinator, Ms Iria Gonzalez-Becerra, firstname.lastname@example.org
Course Fees and Rate Categories
|Hours||Weeks||Standard Rate||Internal Rate||Associate Rate|
|20||20||£200 (Early Bird rate: £180*)||£115 (Early Bird rate: £105*)
||£155 (Early Bird rate: £140*)|
|* The Early Bird rate is available for enrolments made before 30 September for courses starting in October | All fee rates quoted are for the whole course.|
Fee Categories and Discounts
- Applicable to all except those who fall under the Internal Rate or Associate Rate category, respectively.
- Applies to current Imperial College students and staff (incl. Imperial NHS Trust, Imperial Innovations, ancillary & service staff employed on long-term contracts at Imperial College by third-party contractors).
- Current Centre for Languages, Culture and Communication (CLCC) staff, current CLCC PhD students, Science Communication (Sci Comm) postgraduate students, and students enrolled on an Imperial College 'Language for Science' degree programme should email evening email@example.com before completing the online enrolment form.
- Students (non-Imperial College)
- Alumni of Imperial College and predecessor colleges and institutes
- City & Guilds College Association members
- Members of Friends of Imperial College
- Friends of the South London Botanical Institute
- Members of the UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP)
- Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea Council staff
- Harrods staff
- Historic Royal Palaces staff
- Natural History Museum staff
- Science Museum staff
- Victoria and Albert Museum staff
- Royal Geographical Society staff
- Royal College of Art and Royal College of Music tutors and other staff
- Santander Bank staff (Imperial College Walkway branch only)
- Austrian Cultural Forum staff
- Staff of Exhibition Road Cultural Group (Discover South Kensington) organisations
- Lycee Charles de Gaulle staff
- Tutors and other staff of other universities and higher education institutions
- Tutors and other staff of institution members of the Association of Colleges
- Residents of postcodes SW3, SW5, SW7, SW10 and W8
It is possible to enrol on many CLCC Evening Class and Lunchtime Learning programmes after the course has started, subject entirely to agreement by the tutor delivering the course. If you want to join a course late do bear in mind there might be work you will need to catch up on, particularly in language courses.
Applicable terms & conditions
Please read the Evening Classes & Lunchtime Learning terms and conditions [pdf] before enrolling on any course.
|Hours||Weeks||Autumn term||Spring term||Summer term|
|20||20||14 Oct - 12 Dec 2019 (9 weeks)*||6 Jan - 19 Mar 2020 (11 weeks)||n/a|
|* Followed by the Christmas break|
Web enrolment starts 1 August
Enrolment & payment are through the Imperial College eStore. Please use above booking link noting below instructions:
- Our rate categories are explained on this page and your applicable category must be selected on the eStore
- First-time eStore users please create an account by entering an email address and password. These credentials should also be used for future bookings. Imperial College users please note the eStore is not a single-signon College system
- The booking process involves entering payment details before your course choice and applicant details are queried on an in-built questionnnaire which completes the process
- The following email notifications will be sent
|What is sent||When is it sent||What does it contain|
|1. Payment confirmation||Instantaneously following submission of your online application||
|2. Enrolment confirmation||Sent in due course but likely not before the end of September. Please treat your payment confirmation as confirmation that your applicant details and payment have been received||
|3. Programme information||Usually sent Friday late afternoon the week before term starts||
|If you need further help with the above information please ring 020 7594 8756
Certificate of Attendance
Although no credits are offered for this part-time course, an attendance certificate is presented to students who attend at least 80% (16) of the taught classroom sessions. Eligible students receive their certificate by email after the end of the course.
Questions regarding the content and teaching of these courses should be addressed to the Spanish Coordinator, Ms Iria Gonzalez-Becerra, firstname.lastname@example.org