- A minimum order value of £35 per catering delivery applies to refreshments, after consumption of beverages has been reconciled. Where the value of catering orders is less than £35, a higher delivery charge will be applied in order to bring the charge to a minimum of £35.
- Minimum numbers apply to all food items – see menu for full details.
Lead time for delivered catering bookings
- A minimum of 3 clear working days* (i.e. 72 clear hours) is required to make, amend and cancel a delivered catering booking, e.g. in order to have catering delivered at 14.00 on a Tuesday you will need to have made this booking before 14.00 three clear working days prior.
- Cancellation charges will apply as follows:
- notice of cancellation three working days or more – no charges will apply
- notice of cancellation between two and three working days – 50% of the total booking value will be charged
- notice of cancellation less than two working days – 100% of the total booking value will be charged
Collections of catering orders cannot be accommodated.
* From Monday 5 February a new lead time of 3 clear working days is being introduced for making, editing and cancelling catering orders. This new lead time applies to all catering items with the exception of seated lunches and dinners as well as hot fork buffets. These items will continue to require a 5 clear working day lead time.
- Catering deliveries for 50+ people include a member of catering staff to serve catering for up to one hour. Further staffing requirements should be booked in advance, additional charges will apply on an hourly basis for the total hours required.
- Catering deliveries for less than 50 people will not be serviced as standard. If you require a serviced delivery for less than 50 people, additional charges will apply.
- Canapes orders include a staffed tray service for up to one hour.
Graduation Day Catering (not applicable at Hammersmith and Charing Cross campuses)
- No catering orders can be made for College Graduation and Commemoration Days with the exception of official graduation events.
- We have the right to cancel any catering orders for these dates that are not deemed to be for official graduation events.
Furniture Requirements for Delivered Catering
- It is the responsibility of the booker to ensure adequate furniture for the catering to be served from, is available in a venue where catering will be delivered. If no furniture is available, this should be booked in addition to the catering order through the Internal Events office with a minimum of five working days’ notice.
- Lists of allergens are not provided with every catering delivery. However, allergen information can be provided by contacting the Internal Events Office on 020 7594 9220.
- Our kitchens and food preparation areas are not nut-free environments. Whilst we make every effort to ensure there is no contamination of nuts in the food we prepare we can cannot guarantee this. We would advise that food prepared by Imperial College London is not consumed by severe nut allergy sufferers.
- It is the responsibility of the booker to inform the Internal Events Office of any specific dietary requirements for any of their party.