Festival Consultation 2019
The first ever Great Exhibition Road Festival will take place on Friday 28, Saturday 29 and Sunday 30 June 2019.
Firstly, thank you to all residents who have engaged with us during our consultation with a number of groups about the Great Exhibition Road Festival over the last few months. The quality of life of local residents is important to all of us, as the partners involved in the festival, and in planning this event we have been working with resident associations and local authorities to minimise any potential negative impacts. We thank all of you as our neighbours in advance for your invaluable cooperation.
We are pleased to provide further, more detailed information about the Festival taking place on the 28-30 June. In order to prepare the site and provide a safe, enjoyable experience for visitors, we have prepared plans to manage vehicle access on Exhibition Road during certain times. The information below has specific details about the Festival and information for local residents on these plans, and how and when they will affect access to the road, including parking, on the affected days.
These plans have been drawn up by the experienced, professional team of production crew, traffic management staff and security teams who are helping to manage the Festival.These plans have been agreed with the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea (RBKC), Westminster City Council (WCC), the police, and other key agencies. The main priority in all cases has been the safety of residents, festival staff and visitors.
For further information about the festival itself visit the Festival website.
If you have any further questions please don’t hesitate to contact: email@example.com
For detailed information for residents who live on Exhibition Road South of Princes Gardens (including Princes Gate Mews) please read this resident's letter .
- The Festival starts on Friday 28 June with a series of evening events taking place in several museums and at Imperial.
- The main Festival event takes place on, and around, Exhibition Road on
- Saturday 29 and Sunday 30 June from 11am to 5pm
- Exhibition Road will be closed from Cromwell Road up to Prince Consort Road as follows:
- 7am-8pm Saturday 29 June (re-opened for the evening)
- 8am-10pm Sunday 30 June (re-opened for the evening)
- This section will be closed to all traffic, except as noted below. Please see the Map of road closures showing which part of the road will be closed.
- The southern end of the closed section of Exhibition Road will not be open at all, remaining closed to all traffic (aside from emergency vehicles) during the road closure times.
- Access for all vehicles will be maintained:
- all day Friday 28 June and Monday 1 July
- overnight Friday 28 June, Saturday 29 June and Sunday 30 June
- pedestrian access will be maintained throughout
- Access for vehicles needed by residents in Princes Gardens will be via Ennismore Gardens.
"Exceptions to the road closure are vehicles needed by residents who live South of Princes Gardens on Exhibition Road (including Princes Gate Mews). This access will be maintained throughout the road closure. This access for residents will be managed by means of a staffed entry and exit point via the northern end of the closed section of Exhibition Road. FOR FURTHER INFORMATION PLEASE READ THE LATEST RESIDENT LETTER."
PARKING BAY SUSPENSIONS
As well as restricting the road to certain traffic, parking bays will be affected and we have worked on a plan to manage these with the relevant councils. In summary the bays are suspended as follows:
- The length of Exhibition Road from Cromwell Road to Prince Consort Road roundabout
- Suspensions will be from 10:00 on Fri 28 June to 18:00 Mon 1 July
- The bays are being relocated in agreement with the RBKC and WCC parking teams.
- We will release parking bays on Mon 1 July by 18:00, or as soon as we have cleared festival infrastructure and when it is safe to do so – whichever is earliest.
ON FESTIVAL DAYS
When the road closure is in place, it will always be manned by festival staff and security.
Should you have any queries on festival days, then you can contact the Production Office on 07395882315 between
- 07:00 – 18:00 Saturday 29 June
- 08:00 – 18:00 Sunday 30 June
Or you can speak to Festival staff, in particular those staffing the road access points, who will be there throughout the closure times.
Exhibition Road resident's letter - this letter contains further information for residents of Exhibition Road and Princes Gardens.
Map of road closures - this map shows residents what road closures will be in place over the weekend.
Get in touch
You can contact us at any time at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are engaging with Westminster City Council’s Events Team throughout our planning, if you have any questions for them, please contact the assigned officer Josie Pether on email@example.com
We are also engaging with the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea’s Events Team throughout our planning, if you have any questions for them, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org