Take at look at all our catering outlets across the South Kensington, Hammersmith and Charing Cross campuses.
Cashless trial complete - thank you for your feedback
We received 50 feedback responses on the cashless trial, which took place in 8 catering outlets between December 2017 and February 2018. 88% of the students and staff we heard from were not in favour of a fully cashless operation in outlets. The majority of fedback on the trial was:
- A fully cashless service does not offer the freedom to choose how to pay
- Card payments using non-UK bank accounts may attract a charge on every transaction
- There is a preference amongst some students and staff to use cash to more easily keep to a weekly spending budget
- There was a perception that Yoyo payments take too long
- It was felt that queue times have not visibly reduced
- It is inconvenient and unnecessary not to accept cash outright
We have considered this feedback very carefully and can confirm:
- A fully cashless service will not be rolled out across all outlets
- The outlets involved in the trial will remain cashless as standard with the exception of the Senior Common Room Restaurant and the H-Bar Cafe due to their comparatively high usage
- We will have one 'cash only' till available in the Senior Common Room Restaurant and the H-Bar Cafe during peak times
With fifteen catering outlets in our South Kensington campus we have something here for everyone from a convenience store and grab-and-go counters to restaurants serving three course menus. Find out more about each of the catering outlets in our South Kensington campus by clicking on the links here.
Business School Café
Located next to Imperial's main entrance, the Business School Café offers a selection of baguettes, cakes, pastries and barista style coffee.
Located in the Chemistry Building, this café serves a range of breakfast items as well as jacket potatoes, baguettes, paninis and more.
Located next to the Alumni Centre, College Café serves hand carved roast sandwiches, soups, baguettes, cakes as well as teas and coffee.
Located in Eastside Halls next to Princes Gardens, Eastside is a lively bar and restaurant with a comtemporary feel.
Electrical Engineering Café
Located in the Electrical Engineering Building, this café serves barista style coffee and offers outside seating on Dalby Court.
Essentials Convenience Store
Located next to Eastside Halls, Essentials Convenience Store stocks your daily essentials and also houses an ATM and vending machines.
The Garden Room Restaurant
Located on the ground floor of 58 Prince's Gate, the Garden Room Restaurant offers an à la carte menu created by the venue's dedicated chef.
Located in the Junior Common Room next to the walkway, Fuel offers a serve yourself salad bar along with a soup and stew of the day.
ћ is located on level 0 of the Sherfield Building and serves hot meals and a daily chef's salad to postgraduate students and staff.
Junior Common Room
Situated on level 2 of the Sherfield Building, the JCR houses four different outlets: F-East, the JCR Deli Bar, the QT Shop and Pieminister.
Situated on the ground floor of the Library Building the Library Café and serves jacket potatoes, sandwiches, snacks and hot drinks.
Queen's Tower Rooms
Situated on level 1 of the Sherfield Building the Queen's Tower Rooms offers international cuisine, great value meal deals and outside seating.
Royal School of Mines Café
The Royal School of Mines Café can be found on the third floor of the Royal School of Mines Building and serves hot and cold food and barista coffee.
SAF Café is situated on the ground floor of the Sir Alexander Fleming building and has a great range of lunchtime options.
Hammersmith and Charing Cross
Staff, students and visitors to our Charing Cross campus can make use of our onsite café Reynolds, which serves hot and cold drinks, snacks, confectionary, sanwiches and salads. Click on the link below to find out more about Reynolds café: