Monthly Global Health Forum
Our monthly Global Health Forum discusses and disseminates findings on current research and innovations on relevant global health topics.
Our monthly Global Health Forums provide a platform to bring together Imperial researchers, students, and staff from across all of Imperial’s Faculties to highlight, discuss and disseminate findings on current research and innovations on relevant global health topics. The Forums encourage interdisciplinary discussions with the intention that they will foster inter-Faculty research initiatives and leverage the immense strengths of Imperial College to resolve global health priorities of the early 21st Century.
All members of the College from all Faculties are welcome including students at all levels. You are also encouraged to suggest topics that you would either like to hear about or contribute to. Interested members of the public and staff and students from other Universities are also very welcome to attend.
The Forum will meet normally on the third Thursday of each month between 3:00-5:00pm. In general, the first hour will be more formal presentations and the second hour more informal discussions and panel sessions.
Sign up now!
If you are interested in attending future forums, sign up to the forum mailing list here.
Past Global Health Forums
- Frugal Innovations - 18th February 2016
- Effects of Infectious Diseases on Diabetes Patients - 17th March 2016
- Patient Safety - 21st April 2016
- Diabetes and Infection - 19th May 2016
- Chronic Lung Disease in Low Income Countries - 16th June 2016
- Big data decision support - 20th October 2016
- Water and health - 17th November 2016
- Seasonality and health - 19 January 2017
- Designing the future of end-of-life care - 16 February 2017
- Tuberculosis - why are we not winning the fight? (with CICH) - 16 March 2017
- The effects of alternative smoking materials on health - 20 April 2017
Past NCD Forums
- The Obesity Epidemic: Implications and Responses - 19th February 2015
- The Effects of Climate Change on Water Quality - 19th March 2015
- NCDs: A Global Epidemic - 16th April 2015
- Lymphatic Disorders in the Developing World - 21st May 2015
- Cancer in the Lower Income Countries - 18th June 2015
- Assessing Nutrition in Low Income Countries - 16th July 2015
- Gut and Nutritional Health: Research across two continents - 15th October 2015
- Air pollution in mega cities - 19th November 2015