Papers and reports
Highlighted examples of papers and reports authored or co-authored by IGHI:
- Dying Well, Free of Pain: The case for the Global Research Centre for End-of-Life Care, IGHI, March 2014.
Centre for Health Policy
- Five policy levers to meet the value challenge in cancer care, September 2015;
- Accountable care around the world, Health Affairs, September 2014;
- Lessons from eight countries on diffusing innovation in health care, September 2014;
- Developing public policy to advance the use of big data in health care, September 2014;
- Policy actions to achieve integrated community-based mental health services, September 2014;
- How Google's 'Ten things we know to be true' could guide the development of mental health mobile apps, September 2014;
- Innovation can improve and expand aspects of end-of-life care in low- and middle-income countries, September 2014;
- Antimicrobial resistance: addressing there global threat through greater awareness and transformative action, September 2014;
- Patient engagement: four case studies that highlight the potential for improved health outcomes and reduced costs, September 2014;
- Challenges in adapting international best practices in cancer prevention, care, and research for Qatar, September 2014;
- Social networking strategies that aim to reduce obesity have achieved significant although modest results, September 2014;
- Better Health for London, London Health Commission, September 2014;
- Errors in the management of cardiac arrests: An observational study of patient safety incidents in England, Resuscitation, October 2014;
- Health Affairs September issue 2014 - Advancing Global Health Policy;
- Sowerby report 2014 ‘Bringing together primary and secondary care data to improve patient care’, June 2014
- Improving global health through innovation, Lord Darzi, International Innovation, 2014
- The Global Diffusion of Healthcare Innovation, WISH Summit, December 2013;
- From Innovation to Transformation: A framework for diffusion of healthcare innovation, June 2013;
- Sowerby Report: Bringing together primary and secondary care data to improve patient care, June 2013;
- Wisdom of the Crowd, 65 views of the NHS at 65, The Nuffield Trust, July 2013;
- The extent of rationing of surgical procedures in England, The Lancet, 2013;
- Approaches based on behavioral economics could help nudge patients and providers toward lower health spending growth, Health Affairs, 2013;
- Technologies for Global Health, The Lancet, 2012;
- Patient Safety for Global Health, The Lancet 2010.
- Smartphones let surgeons know WhatsApp: an analysis of communication in emergency surgical teams, The American Journal of Surgery, October 2014;
- End-of-Life Care Smartphone App;
- How Google's 'Ten Things We Know To Be True' Could Guide The Development Of Mental Health Mobile Apps, Pub Med, September 2014;
- Enhancing health and wellbeing through ‘behavioural design’, JRSM, September 2014.
The Hamlyn Centre for Robotic Surgery
- Micro Magnetometer Calibration for Accurate Orientation Estimation, IEEE Xplore, September 2014;
- Markerless Motion Capture Using Appearance and Inertial Data, IEEE, August 2014;
- Gaze-contingent soft tissue deformation tracking for minimally invasive robotic surgery.
The Centre for Digestive and Gut Health
- Age and Microenvironment Outweigh Genetic Influence on the Zucker Rat Microbiome, PLOS one, September 2014.