The Climate-KIC Programme run out of the Imperial College Centre for Cleantech Innovation is an open-ended start-up accelerator, aimed specifically at businesses that will have a climate change impact. It offers early stage entrepreneurs access to one on one coaching with experience professionals, business masterclasses, a free incubator work-space and equity-free grant finance. Above all, it provides the opportunity to be part of the largest clean-tech incubation community in the world.
How it works
- Apply for stage 1
- Applications reviewed for 8-10 weeks
- Acceptance onto the Programme & an introductory 2-day workshop.
- Imperial advisors work with teams for 4-6 weeks.
- Submit documents.
- Final 5 minute pitch & presentation to a panel of the idea and business model options.
- Successful completion of Stage 1 unlocks a €10k grant.
- A market prioritisation matrix.
- Analysis of business model options, with a focus on market positioning.
- A commercial research plan for market engagement.
- Flexible working to further develop business idea.
- Focus on market research, customer & partner engagement and validation of the business model.
- Application to move to Stage 3 when teams feel they are ready.
- Successful completion of Stage 2 unlocks a €25k grant.
- Evidence of at least 50 market meetings with customers, partners and others.
- Validated business model.
- Final stage, with the intention that the business is at the point of commercialization upon exit.
- Successful completion of Stage 2 unlocks a €30k grant.
- Full business plan.
- Evidence of investor traction, preferably in the form of a high level term sheet.
To be eligible to apply you must be a UK-based team with time to commit to developing your business, and be either unincorporated or incorporated for less than a year. Criteria for selection onto the programme include: climate impact; scalability; team; uniqueness of IP / business differentiation; chances of success.