How a supporter can help
What supporters do
A Staff Supporter is someone that will:
- Have a confidential face-to-face, telephone or email conversation with you and listen carefully to what you are saying and point you in the right direction
- Talk to you and calmly deal with any emotional upset
- Work with people from diverse backgrounds
- Not let personal assumption cloud their judgement so that they can provide impartial support
- Maintain absolute confidentiality.
A Staff Supporter will NOT:
- Provide specialist advice to individuals or act as an advocate
- Replace the remit of the Consuls, Trade Unions or other professional services that give specialist advice.