Information Processing and Communications Lab
Welcome to IPC lab! We are a group of researchers at Imperial College London headed by Professor Deniz Gunduz. Our laboratory is broadly interested in information theory and wireless communications. Please see our Publications for details of our latest work, and check out the latest lab updates below.
- Professor Deniz Gunduz gave a lecture on Machine Learning Over Wireless Networks at Oxford Machine Learning Summer School (OxML 2021), which is organised by AI for Global Goals and in partnership with CIFAR and the University of Oxford's Deep Medicine Program.
- Tze-Yan Tung, Mikolaj Jankowski, Burak Hasircioglu, Waleed El-Geresy, and Ecenaz Erdemir gave a talk titled Novel Information-Theoretic Views on Machine Learning at Oxford Machine Learning Summer School (OxML 2021). You can watch the talk here.
- Congratulations to Szymon Kobus for receiving the degree of Master of Engineering with First Class Honours in Electronic and Information Engineering!
- Congratulations to Ezgi Ozyilkan for winning the 2021 Ivor Tupper Prize for excellence in signal processing, broadcast and video technology, for her MEng project Deep Stereo Image Compression with Decoder Side Information using Wyner Common Information, supervised by Prof. Deniz Gunduz and Dr. Nitish Mital!
- Congratulations to Ecenaz Erdemir for winning 3rd place in the ICICS-CAIDA Best Poster Prize competition at the North American School of Information Theory (NASIT 2021) with her poster titled Active Privacy-utility Trade-off Against a Hypothesis Testing Adversary!
We are organising LSIT 2021 as a virtual event!
The sixth London Symposium on Information Theory (LSIT) will be held on 19-21 May 2021 as a fully virtual event. This will be a three-day event, with the first day devoted to Information-Theoretic Foundations of Learning Algorithms, the second day dedicated to Information-Theoretic Security and Privacy and the last day dedicated to Information-Theoretic Methods in Distributed Learning.
For more information see the event program and register via the event page. We look forward to seeing you, wherever you will be connecting from!
- Congratulations to our team from IPC LAB for winning the 3rd award in the ITU AI/ML in 5G challenge competing against 911 teams. Well done!
- Congratulations to both IPC LAB teams to make it to the Grand Finale in the ITU AI/ML in 5G challenge. Team rankings can be found here.