Imperial College London is looking to recruit recent graduates to its Graduate Management Training Scheme. The scheme is designed to provide candidates who do not have extensive professional experience with an introduction to a career in university management. Previous management trainees have successfully progressed to a wide range of roles across the College.
Qualifications and Eligibility Criteria:
To be eligible for the scheme, you will need to meet one of the following criteria;
- Have obtained a minimum 2:1 undergraduate degree or equivalent in any discipline in the last three years
- Be due to graduate in Summer 2020 with a minimum 2:1 undergraduate degree in any discipline
- Have completed a postgraduate degree (Masters/PhD) in the last three years. If this applies to you, you will still need to have obtained a minimum 2:1 undergraduate degree prior to applying.
- Be due to graduate in Summer 2020 with a postgraduate degree (Masters/PhD). If this applies to you, you will still need to have obtained a minimum 2:1 undergraduate degree prior to applying.
Key Skills and Qualities:
- Independence: the ability to take the initiative, lead on projects, and be proactive in prioritising a dynamic and diverse workload
- Interpersonal: confidence in forming effective working relationships with a diverse range of people, including working inclusively and as part of a team.
- Analytical: the ability to draw accurate and informative conclusions from detailed research without losing sight of the bigger picture
- Communication: effective oral and written communication of ideas with an excellent command of English
- Adaptability: the ability to multitask, and to respond effectively to change, on a day-to-day basis and between placements
- An interest in higher education: demonstration of a clear and reasoned interest in working in higher education and learning about the inner workings of a highly complex organisation.
- An interest in personal and professional development: demonstration of seeking out and acting upon opportunities for personal and professional growth.