Our vision for an Imperial education
We will focus our efforts on:
- A review of our curricula and assessment
- An evidence-based transformation of our pedagogy, to make teaching more interactive
- The fostering of an inclusive and diverse culture
- The development of online and digital tools to enhance curricula, pedagogy and community
Imperial will offer all its students a world-leading, rigorous, evidence-based, inclusive educational experience embedded in a vibrant research environment.
Our Learning and Teaching Strategy supports the introduction of evidence-based innovation in education across the College, drawing on the great work that is already taking place. We are committed to ensuring that an Imperial education is:
- Recognised as globally outstanding in the fields of science, engineering, medicine and business, with a focus on the skills needed to address current and future global challenges
- Acknowledged as a leader in technology-enhanced and innovative practice
- Known for combining evidence-based pedagogy with a strong focus on community building, with students acting as partners in shaping their experience
- Renowned for applying the rigour of research to the evaluation and enhancement of practice
- Sought out by the world’s leading educators as a source of inspiration, aspiration and collaboration
We aim to provide a world-class education which is research-based, student-centred, evidence-based, inclusive and diverse, outward-looking and technology-enhanced. Our approach will be firmly based on evidence and will build on the many great examples of innovation in the College.
You are invited to become part of this change.