Expenses Policy/Forms + Travel Advice
The information below is just a summary. Please read travel advice pages for further guidance.
Students and staff on College related trips are covered by the college travel insurance. Please follow guidance from the Travel insurance page.
- E1 expenses claim form (Excel) - for Maths PhD students (if you do not have Excel on your computer, please use the Office365 available to all students)
- E3 advance claim form (PDF)
Currency conversion can be calculated on the exchange rate page.
General Fianance guidelines can be found on the 'Summary of changes' document found on the expenses policy page (college login required).
In a nutshell…
- Receipts need to be kept for every item in the claim form (even if below £10). Bank statement alone is not enough. All claims must have actual VAT receipt.
- Each receipt will go on a new line on the form. No longer summary of same claims in one line on the form.
- Subsistence: There is a simpler table with subsistence rates for each countries/region of the world.
- Flights and Hotel: students can book directly with any company.
- Rail: UK under £100 – book through any operating company // UK £100+ = must use Red Spotted Hanky
- Car hire: book through Avis, Budget, Enterprise or Egencia. Please make sure you register with Egencia to be able to make bookings (download: Egencia online booking form - Maths PhD students MS WORD). You can pay for it with your own bank card and claim expenses the normal way (E1 form).
- For overseas car hire you should use the hire company’s insurance and the fullest policy available.
PhD students representatives
PhD Section Tutors
Director of PG Studies & Welfare Tutor & PG Administrator
Director of PG Studies
I am the Director of Postgraduate Studies (DPS). I chair PG committee meetings and am responsible for interfacing with the college and EPSRC and overall strategic opportunities. I also assists the section PG tutors and the Welfare Tutor when needed.
PG Student Welfare Tutor
I am the Postgraduate Welfare Tutor in Mathematics. Please contact me if you have a non-academic problem, such as medical or financial, which is troubling you and is affecting your research work.
Postgraduate Administrator - Anderson Santos
Come to see me for any matters related to your PhD progression, scholarships, interruption of studies, regulations, College processes and anything else you cannot find the answer to on the College wedsite.