Expenses Policy/Forms + Travel Advice
Students and staff on College related trips are covered by the college travel insurance.
- Print and complete the Travel insurance Certificate
- Complete the College online form: Overseas Travel Registration for Insurance
Please read the Insurance info page for further information; you will find contact details for the insurance team on the bottom of the page.
- E1 expenses claim form (Excel) - for Maths PhD students (if you do not have Excel on your computer, please use the Office365 available to all students)
- E3 advance claim form (PDF)
Currency conversion can be calculated on the exchange rate page.
General Fianance guidelines can be found on the 'Summary of changes' document found on the expenses policy page (college login required).
In a nutshell…
- Receipts need to be kept for every item in the claim form (even if below £10). Bank statement alone is not enough. All claims must have actual VAT receipt.
- Each receipt will go on a new line on the form. No longer summary of same claims in one line on the form.
- Subsistence: There is a simpler table with subsistence rates for each countries/region of the world.
- Flights: book through Egencia. You can pay for it with your own bank card and claim expenses the normal way (E1 form). Please make sure you register with Egencia to be able to make bookings (download: Egencia online booking form - Maths PhD students MS WORD).
- Rail: UK under £100 – book through any operating company // UK £100+ = must use Red Spotted Hanky
- Car hire: book through Avis, Budget, Enterprise or Egencia. You can pay for it with your own bank card and claim expenses the normal way (E1 form).
- For overseas car hire you should use the hire company’s insurance and the fullest policy available.
PhD students representatives
PhD Section Tutors
Director of PG Studies & Welfare Tutor
Director of PG Studies
I am the Director of Postgraduate Studies (DPS). I chair PG committee meetings and am responsible for interfacing with the college and EPSRC and overall strategic opportunities. I also assists the section PG tutors and the Welfare Tutor when needed.
PG Student Welfare Tutor
I am the Postgraduate Welfare Tutor in Mathematics. Please contact me if you have a non-academic problem, such as medical or financial, which is troubling you and is affecting your research work.