MRes in Stochastic Analysis and Mathematical Finance
Key course information
including entry requirements, fees, funding and how to apply
For further enquiries please contact: email@example.com
The MRes is a 12-month course providing a high-level training in mathematical research. It aims to give students important preparation to progress onto our PhD programme.
Aims and Objectives
The MRes is a 12-month course, which provides a high-level training in research in Stochastic Analysis and Mathematical Finance . The programme you will follow has been carefully tailored to equip you with skills to begin tackling contemporary research problems in these areas.
- Offers are made to the (1+3) programme, which consists of one year of MRes, followed by three years of PhD.
- The intake is: 2 students per year, with full scholarship for 4 years.
Please visit the programme page for detailed information about the programme, including:
- Programme specification
- Progression milestones
- Programme handbook
Personal Statement Advice
Research proposal is not required. We do not expect you to arrive with a fully formulated research programme in hand, but you should put some thought into the kind of topic you might be interested in pursuing, for example by checking the current research of the faculty members in the section, as presented on their personal home pages:
Highlight your achievements, bearing in mind the following points:
- 1st Class UG/PG degrees with a class ranking within the top 10%
- Excellent postgraduate research performance – this could be an MSc or MRes or industrial experience
- Peer-reviewed publications or conference papers
- Reflect on significant contributions to research, including, e.g. MSci/MEng projects
- Significant awards received (e.g. top of class prize, funding, scholarship, etc.)
- Experience at multiple internationally significant research institutions or industry