MRes in Stochastic Analysis and Mathematical Finance
Key course information
including entry requirements, fees, funding and how to apply
For further enquiries please contact: email@example.com
The admissions cycle is now closed!
We are no longer accepting applications for October 2018.
The MRes is a 12-month course providing a high-level training in mathematical research. It aims to give students important preparation to progress onto our PhD programme.
Aims and Objectives
The MRes is a 12-month course, which provides a high-level training in research in Stochastic Analysis and Mathematical Finance . The programme you will follow has been carefully tailored to equip you with skills to begin tackling contemporary research problems in these areas.
- Offers are made to the one year MRes programme (only). Students will be strongly encouraged to apply for the PhD programme, during their MRes year.
- A number of funded and partly funded scholarships are available.
- Admissions on a self-funded basis is also available.
Personal Statement Advice
A research proposal is not required. We do not expect you to arrive with a fully formulated research programme in hand, but you should put some thought into the kind of topic you might be interested in pursuing; for example by checking the current research of potential supervisors in the department, as presented on their personal home pages:
It is important to highlight your achievements. The following points are specially worth emphasising:
- 1st Class UG/PG degrees with a class ranking within the top 10%
- Excellent postgraduate research performance – this could be an MSc or MRes or industrial experience
- Peer-reviewed publications or conference papers
- Reflect on significant contributions to research, including, e.g. MSci/MEng projects
- Significant awards received (e.g. top of class prize, funding, scholarship, etc.)
- Experience at multiple internationally significant research institutions or industry