AFCM Clinical Placement Programme at Imperial
Early clinical exposure for students from the Armed Forces College of Medicine (AFCM)
29 July - 23 August 2019
Imperial College London and partner hospitals
Please note that this programme is only available to selected students from the Armed Forces College of Medicine, Egypt.
The Programme purposefully offers Armed Forces College of Medicine (AFCM) students on placement a unique opportunity to gain experience of London from the viewpoint of an Imperial College London medical student. Students will gain valuable insight and experience of UK medical practices within the UK National Health Service environment. At the end of the programme, students will attend a Farewell Reception and receive a certificate of completion.
Imperial will facilitate a Programme that relies on its operational and clinical experience and educational expertise in this area to coordinate an overarching experience and activities that will include:
• An Academic Programme Lead who specialises in facilitating Placement activities and also address any pastoral and welfare needs that may occur during the placement.
• A dedicated role to coordinate administrative arrangements in advance of arrival including support for visa applications, ensure Health and Safety requirements are met and serve as a conduit with Imperial departments and the NHS Trusts, in liaison with a Project Management Officer/Team at AFCM.
• Dedicated In-person facilitation and support for the duration of the placements.
• Communications including introduction and welcome information packs.
• Welcome and Farewell receptions and feedback sessions.
• A Q&A session to discuss the experience and the differences between UK and Egyptian medical environments and practices.