Imperial Immersion Week (LKCMedicine)
Immersive experiences for LKCMedicine students
9 - 14 March 2020
Imperial College London
Applications will be accepted from Year 2 MBBS LKCMedicine students only.
The programme will provide LKCMedicine students with an immersive experience of our early years’ curriculum, with additional sessions designed to introduce students to the Imperial student experience. Students will have the opportunity to learn about the UK health system and different modes of pedagogical delivery in a different educational context. The programme also provides the foundation to establish friendships and professional links between the future doctors of Singapore and the UK. During the week students will also complete a video reflection on their experience.
Examples of activities offered in previous visits include:
- Practical sessions
- Introduction to funding of the NHS and the patient journey
- Visit to a top teaching hospital
- Visit to London pathology museums
- Social events with Imperial medical students
Transform MedEd 2020 Conference
During the Imperial Immersion Week 2020, students will also be involved in the Transform MedEd 2020 Conference. Students will be expected to contribute to the conference in a number of ways, such as:
- Delivering a session at the conference*
- Gathering feedback
- Practical organisation
- Contribution to the conference game
- Assisting in workshops
- Ambassador roles
- Producing video/social media content
*Please note that the opportunity to present will be competitive and limited.
|Tuesday 1st October 2019||Application deadline for the Imperial Immersion Week|
|Tuesday 29th October 2019||Outcome of applications announced|
|Tuesday 5th November 2019||Deadline for students to confirm place on the Imperial Immersion Week|
|Monday 9th - Saturday 14th March 2020||Imperial Immersion Week|
|Provisional dates (subject to change)|
There are 22 places available for Year 2 LKCMedicine students. The following criteria will be judged by evaluation of a written submission:
- Quality of reflection on extra curricular/personal activities
- Contribution to student life, the university, family or community
- Interest in medical education
- Creativity and innovation of ideas to contribute to Transform MedEd 2020
- Evidence of active participation in education
The evaluation of anonymised applications will be by a joint staff-student panel at Imperial. Academic performance will not be used as a criterion for selection. However, students with ongoing academic or professional concerns on their records will not be eligible.
Details of financial support for the Imperial Immersion Week will be provided by LKCMedicine.